| The Old |
Unfortunately, my old trusted friend; who had never before complained about doing its dirty work, has taken its last...ahem, flush. It has earned its rest, as it's probably pushing 18 years old. That's a lot of crap to put up with.
This changing of the guard got me to wondering...as everyone knows, this is where most of us do our heavy thinking. You know, changing the world one "session" at a time. But how much thought do we actually put into choosing our toilets? For me, not much... I just wanted a replacement installed pronto so I could get on with life. I knew I wanted a white one. And I wanted to make sure it fit as I have a low bathroom counter. It had to be comfortable. With a nice seat. Preferably cushioned. With a butt warmer. (Winter's coming you know.)
Side note: Did you know that they have toilets with two buttons now? One for #1, and one for #2! Do we really need this? I mean really, just get rid of whatever nastiness is there, right?!? Seriously.
My parents still have an old school stool that uses 20 gallons at a time. (Okay, that may be a slight exaggeration). That thing looks like Niagara Falls when you flush it, but still manages to get the job done. Dad is holding off replacing it though, due to flow concerns of the new models.
Anyways... in my case, the old boy started constantly refilling and wasting out precious well water, so after conferring with a good friend of mine who knows all about these things (thanks Jeff!), we decided that age was against repairing the old one and a new toilet was to be installed.
| The New! |
Jeff told me that the new throne is an efficient 1.6 gallon, compared to my old 3.8 which is great, (conserving water!), although this did give thought to some flow issues of my own as things can get a bit thick here at the ranch from time to time. (I like to blame the septic system for such things.) He assured me that I wouldn't have any problems, but stopped short of promising to help out in a "plunger emergency" type situation.
So we're conserving water here at the Ranch now! Feel free to stop and check it out; just don't forget to leave a quarter on the tank when your through, these fancy johns don't come cheap you know. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment