This past Sunday was my first Father's Day... and to be honest, there was a time not too long ago that I figured that I'd spend every Father's Day celebrating my own father and not the fact that I had become one myself. It really hasn't sunk in as I don't yet feel very "fatherly", but seeing my son (My Son?!?) in his onesie with "I Love My Daddy" printed on it, kind of brings up a bunch of feelings.
That is until...
I was doing pretty good with the whole diaper changing thing, but now all of the sudden... there's a smell. This is a smell like no other, and it'll permeate through the best dust mask I have in the garage. This is more like a "there's something dead in the wall" smell. How can such a sweet, cute and cuddly little boy extrude such a stink?!? I must conclude that it must be a boy thing... baby girls would smell flowery, right?
Anyways, we are working through it together; and I keep reminding him that I am keeping score, as he'll have to change my diaper someday too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment