He was transferred out of intensive care by 10:45am this morning, a full 2hrs earlier then they thought! He's back on the telemetry floor and is exhausted, but resting comfortably. The doctors have started him walking and sitting up in a chair. He uses a heart shaped pillow (that all his doctors and nurses sign well-wishes to him on) to hold tight against his chest whenever he sneezes or coughs as it helps keep his chest from moving and feeling like its going to open up. They used a type of glue to seal him back up, which will help alleviate the severity of his scarring.
And no need for "rooting" or "wallowing in the mud" jokes, as he received an artificial valve, not a pig one that is also commonly used. (Although the latter would've given me a lifetime a joke material!)
So what is his biggest complaint? Could it be the pain? Nope... The constant jabbing and blood drawing? Nope... The cold sponge baths given to him by surly male nurses?? Nope. (Well, okay, that does kind of suck).
Well, what else could it be???
The cafeteria food.
And I can't blame him. I've been living off of grilled cheese sandwiches that I get there, and honestly, they're pretty good. (They use Sara Lee bread). But the white bread Dad gets served tastes synthetic. Fake. Worse then fake. Had no taste at all. In fact, as soon as you take a bite, it melts on your tongue like you just put a tablespoon of Spackle in your mouth... Just not as tasty. He has some "colorful metaphors" to describe the food he's been given, but I'm trying to maintain a family friendly blog, so I'll leave it to your imagination.
I do give them an "A" grade for their ice cream though. $0.90 for a large chocolate sundae (with HERSHEY'S syrup!!) is the bargain of the decade, and their $2 chocolate milkshakes ain't bad either. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment